Berkshire Strategic Confusion #Buffett #Sokol #Lubrizol
Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE:BRK.A; NYSE:BRK.B) $BRK.A $BRK.B has demonstrated strategic confusion. Sokol the heir apparent to Warren Buffett claims there was a 5% chance that Buffett was going to go for the deal. Warren Buffett is making public comments about an itchy finger and an elephant gun.
Were Buffett and Sokol on the same page? What did Buffett hear in Sokol’s report after the first meeting to justify a complete 180 turn. Must have been something real good to make the old boy turn on his heel and write the big cheque. How surprised was Sokol when Buffett finally went for it?
Do Buffett executives understand what is expected? Or does Buffett keep the cards close to his vest and keep them all guessing?
Disclosure: “George Gutowski” writes from a “Caveat Emptor Perspective” I hold no positions in stocks mentioned in this post. I have no plans to initiate new positions within the next 72 hours.
- Forget The Acquisition, Here’s Where David Sokol Could Be In Trouble On Lubrizol (businessinsider.com)
- Buffett Surprised As Top Berkshire Exec Departs (npr.org)
- David Sokol: Timeline of His Lubrizol Stock Purchases (blogs.wsj.com)
- Sokol’s trades (truthonthemarket.com)
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
- $IBM Dividend Sustainable or Engineered? Trend Lines no Work Good.
- Wal-Mart, US Tax Returns and Subterfuge $WMT
- Encana Crash and Borrow Dividend Burn $ECA Integrity When You Borrow. Yeah Right!
- Canadian Banks Trending for Disaster. Run, Hide the Children, Growing buzz says its gonna be bad. $RY, $TD, $BMO, $BNS, $CM
- Will Microsoft Change Dividend or Share Buy Back Strategy with New CFO; $MSFT
- Jamie Dimon Imitates James Cagney $JPM $XLF “Why You Dirty Rat”
- Googles Tax Problem; Uncle Sams Opportunity; Thank You Europe $GOOG, $YHOO, $FB, $TWIT
- Google Achilles Heel; European Income Taxes; Not so Good for Google $GOOG $YHOO $FB $TWIT
- Barrick Gold Conundrum; Commodities and Interest Rates Must Snake Correctly; Good Luck $ABX $GLD
- ISS recommends against 3 directors on JP Morgan Board. $JPM
- Can an Oracle be a Twitter $TWIT $BRK.A $BRK.B #SEC #REGFD
- Warren Buffett Joins Twitter. Look who he is following! $TWIT $BRK.A $BRK.B
- accounting problems
- Behavioural Investing
- Black Swan
- Black Swans
- Board of Directors
- caveat emptor
- Caveat Emptor Perspective
- CEO compensation
- Class Action
- Dividend Income
- Due Diligence
- Earnings Forecasts & Guidance
- Financial Engineering
- Free Cash Flow
- hedge fund
- Insider Trading
- Investor Education
- Investor Relations
- M & A
- money flow
- Reg FD
- Share Buy Back
- Shareholder Activist
- Shareholder Litigation
- Short Interest
- Sneaky Corporate Stuff
- Social Media
- Take Over Targets
- Value Investing
- Value Trap
- Wall of Worry