Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS) much maligned and beloved in the same breath has spawned a new form of literature. The letter of resignation complete with reasons seems to resonate in the financial press. While some may be trying to remove a giant squid they accidentally found on their face others a comfortably blinded by their own hubris and narcissistic viewpoint that they really were not comfortable with the culture. In some cases employees had been uncomfortable for more than five years as they cashed large incentive checks, bonuses, stock options and other forms of financial incentives.
So maybe the new hot trending search term will be “Goldman resignation letter”
Corporate culture experts may see this as a fissure in the Goldman Sachs culture. Imagine leaving the firm not to start your own even more diabolic hedge fund. but leaving just because well you know there were too many pirate like things going on. Like that should be a surprise.
George Gutowski writes from a caveat emptor perspective.
- Goldman Sachs Last Laugh – Disgruntled Whistleblower Un-Intended Consequences. $GS (financialskeptic.wordpress.com)
- Goldman Sachs continues its slippery ways. Results and maybe riots on Jan 18 $GS (financialskeptic.wordpress.com)
- Morgan Stanley Vengeance Move Against Former Employee – Actions Speak Louder Than Words $MS $C $JPM $GS (financialskeptic.wordpress.com)
- Goldman sells stake in sex trafficking website (business.financialpost.com)
- Why I Left Goldman Sachs (Part II) (dealbook.nytimes.com)
- Goldman Sachs and Sex Trafficking: The Acute Discovery of a Chronic Condition (ideas.time.com)