Chesapeake Annual Meeting Becomes a Shoot Out in Not OK Corral $CHK
Chesapeake (NYSE:CHK) will attempt to hold something called an annual meeting on June 8, 2012. Normally annual meetings are very close to Kabuki theater. Chesapeake would love to experience a Kabuki theater moment. Kabuki theater is highly predictable and without surprises, or so I’m told. Carl Icahn has walked onto the stage with an activist agenda wanting to replace four directors. CHK is responded they want to find a chairman first. Not sure who would want the job to be very frank about it. Snakes everywhere and declining energy prices.
The entire situation has been dysfunctional so expect the dysfunctional. Here are a few possible problems that may arise.
- Board may adjourn claiming extraordinary situation.
- Activists may seek to postpone the meeting until only God knows when.
- Enough directors resign seeking to flee continued personal responsibility.
- Courts may rule annual meeting should be adjourned.
- Annual meeting may actually be held and no one will be happy with outcomes.
In any event Friday June 8, 2012. Bring your heavy artillery.
George Gutowski writes from a caveat emptor perspective.
- Chesapeake Energy Update and Correction. What Does Step Down really Mean! Investors Still Screwed $CHK (financialskeptic.wordpress.com)
- Shareholders want to postpone Chesapeake meeting (newsok.com)
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
- GE the case against $GE. Hint: Too much retail and we are running out of Cheerleaders.
- JP Morgan and Nitroglycerine are now Exactly the Same. $JPM $XLF
- Disney Mickey Mouse Dividend Satisfies Goofy Investors Only. $DIS
- $IBM Dividend Sustainable or Engineered? Trend Lines no Work Good.
- Wal-Mart, US Tax Returns and Subterfuge $WMT
- Encana Crash and Borrow Dividend Burn $ECA Integrity When You Borrow. Yeah Right!
- Canadian Banks Trending for Disaster. Run, Hide the Children, Growing buzz says its gonna be bad. $RY, $TD, $BMO, $BNS, $CM
- Will Microsoft Change Dividend or Share Buy Back Strategy with New CFO; $MSFT
- Jamie Dimon Imitates James Cagney $JPM $XLF “Why You Dirty Rat”
- Googles Tax Problem; Uncle Sams Opportunity; Thank You Europe $GOOG, $YHOO, $FB, $TWIT
- Google Achilles Heel; European Income Taxes; Not so Good for Google $GOOG $YHOO $FB $TWIT
- Barrick Gold Conundrum; Commodities and Interest Rates Must Snake Correctly; Good Luck $ABX $GLD
- accounting problems
- Behavioural Investing
- Black Swan
- Black Swans
- Board of Directors
- caveat emptor
- Caveat Emptor Perspective
- CEO compensation
- Class Action
- Dividend Income
- Due Diligence
- Earnings Forecasts & Guidance
- Financial Engineering
- Free Cash Flow
- hedge fund
- Insider Trading
- Investor Education
- Investor Relations
- M & A
- money flow
- Reg FD
- Share Buy Back
- Shareholder Activist
- Shareholder Litigation
- Short Interest
- Sneaky Corporate Stuff
- Social Media
- Take Over Targets
- Value Investing
- Value Trap
- Wall of Worry