Apple (Nasdaq:AAPL) put its foot down and into its mouth by demanding that App’s selling stuff on iPad and iPhone must pay Apple 30%. Cha Ching said the lawyers and watch the million dollar fees go round and round. 30% is a lot and what business would not love to eliminate or reduce it.
Meanwhile other systems may be able to offer cheaper deals and the consumer will learn to shop around and get a better deal elsewhere.
Perhaps we are seeing the beginning of Apple Hubris and another tilt away from the Apple ecosystem?
Disclosure: George Gutowski writes from a caveat emptor perspective. I hold no positions in stocks mentioned in this post. I have no plans to initiate new positions within the next 72 hours. I am greedy and would appreciate lower prices for anything I buy on-line. Well why not?
- Some Kids Just Stole A Bunch Of iPhones From An Apple Store In White Plains [UNCONFIRMED] (AAPL) (businessinsider.com)
- HTC Wants To Work Out A Deal With Apple Over Their Patent Fight (AAPL) (businessinsider.com)
- Apple’s New Grand Central Terminal Store Looks Stunning (AAPL) (businessinsider.com)
- Here Are All The Best iPhone And iPad Apps You Missed This Week (AAPL) (businessinsider.com)
- I Love and Hate Apple (fool.com)
- 10 iPhone Features That Android Phones Had First (AAPL, GOOG) (businessinsider.com)
- GE the case against $GE. Hint: Too much retail and we are running out of Cheerleaders.
- JP Morgan and Nitroglycerine are now Exactly the Same. $JPM $XLF
- Disney Mickey Mouse Dividend Satisfies Goofy Investors Only. $DIS
- $IBM Dividend Sustainable or Engineered? Trend Lines no Work Good.
- Wal-Mart, US Tax Returns and Subterfuge $WMT
- Encana Crash and Borrow Dividend Burn $ECA Integrity When You Borrow. Yeah Right!
- Canadian Banks Trending for Disaster. Run, Hide the Children, Growing buzz says its gonna be bad. $RY, $TD, $BMO, $BNS, $CM
- Will Microsoft Change Dividend or Share Buy Back Strategy with New CFO; $MSFT
- Jamie Dimon Imitates James Cagney $JPM $XLF “Why You Dirty Rat”
- Googles Tax Problem; Uncle Sams Opportunity; Thank You Europe $GOOG, $YHOO, $FB, $TWIT
- Google Achilles Heel; European Income Taxes; Not so Good for Google $GOOG $YHOO $FB $TWIT
- Barrick Gold Conundrum; Commodities and Interest Rates Must Snake Correctly; Good Luck $ABX $GLD
- accounting problems
- Behavioural Investing
- Black Swan
- Black Swans
- Board of Directors
- caveat emptor
- Caveat Emptor Perspective
- CEO compensation
- Class Action
- Dividend Income
- Due Diligence
- Earnings Forecasts & Guidance
- Financial Engineering
- Free Cash Flow
- hedge fund
- Insider Trading
- Investor Education
- Investor Relations
- M & A
- money flow
- Reg FD
- Share Buy Back
- Shareholder Activist
- Shareholder Litigation
- Short Interest
- Sneaky Corporate Stuff
- Social Media
- Take Over Targets
- Value Investing
- Value Trap
- Wall of Worry