Home Depot (HD) issued a Q3 earnings release followed by a conference call. Compare the two closely. The earnings release is Reg FD challenged. The conference call contains so much more information investors should wonder if the two documents refer to the same company. The board of directors needs to consider its investor relations and compliance practices because the playing field is not level.
Here are the specific points dealt with at length in the conference call which were not in the earnings release. the conference call transcript is available at Seeking Alpha http://seekingalpha.com/tag/transcripts?source=headtabs.
Have a read and see if you agree. The selected disclosure items are
- Regional comparisons
- Specific product comparisons
- Numeric Info on comparables per month
- Analysis of gross margin
- Complete assessment of balance sheet
- Complete assessment of share repurchase program
Disclosure: George Gutowski writes from a caveat emptor perspective. I hold no positions in stocks mentioned in this post.
- Home Depot Earnings Beat Expectations Despite Tepid Sales Growth (dailyfinance.com)
- Home Depot 3rd-quarter net income rises (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Home Depot beats estimates, lifts outlook (financialpost.com)