Amazon (AMZN) currently sits with some $6.3 billion in cash and near cash. I recently blogged about Vorando Realty tag teaming with Pershing Square to “unlock real estate values” at JC Penney. (JCP) When will Amazon join in to take over the digital properties of retailers and merchandisers to unlock their value. you gotta believe Amazon can run a merchandising web site better than bricks and mortar retailers.
Just thinking out loud. Jeff Bezos this is something to ponder.
Disclosure: George Gutowski writes from a caveat emptor perspective. I hold no positions in stocks mentioned in this post.
- Amazon: Still a Buy? (bloggingstocks.com)
- J.C. Penney Shares Surge After Pershing Square Buys 16.5% Stake (dailyfinance.com)
- Autumn activist planting season (money.cnn.com)
- Amazon: Here’s Why We’re Not Hypocrites For Selling WikiLeaks Book (AMZN) (businessinsider.com)
- Amazon.com’s Best Selling Items (AMZN, AAPL, WMT, TGT, BBY, JCP) (247wallst.com)