This morning I wake up and my iPhone says I do not have a SIM card. I did not take it out and would not know how. I run down to the service kiosk at the local mall praying that the sunday staff are competent enough. Sure enough they take out the SIM and show me how to do it with a paper clip. Then they apply scotch tape to the SIM card figuring some dirt got in somehow. Three of four pieces of tape later, re-insert the SIM card and I have a functioning iPhone.
Steve Jobs of Apple (Nasdaq:AAPL) I came this close to going Android. I am this close to buying an iPad2 and you almost lost the deal because of a microscopic dust bunny. Steve come on for criss sakes that was a close one. A piece of scotch tape keeps your product going. Who would have thunk that one.
Disclosure: George Gutowski writes from a caveat emptor perspective. I do not hold positions in stocks mentioned in this post. I have no plans to initiate new positions within the next 72 hours. I get very anal retentive about personal digital devices (that’s almost wrong eh!) and I will probably get an iPad2 very soon.
- iPhone 5 In September Or October?: This Week In Apple Rumors (huffingtonpost.com)
- Apple Reportedly Readying An “iCloud Phone” That Will Cost Nothing After Carrier Subsidy (AAPL) (businessinsider.com)
- iPhone 4 micro SIM card in another phone? (edugeek.net)
- Silicon Alley Insider: 10 Guesses About What The iPhone 5 Will Look Like (AAPL) (businessinsider.com)
- The 5 Worst Pieces Of Advice Apple Ever Got (AAPL) (businessinsider.com)
- Apple Patents The SIM-less iPhone (textually.org)