Think about it Research in Motion (Nasdaq:RIMM) should become a venture capital outfit. Here’s how and why:
- No outstanding debt and about $2 billion in cash and equivalents
- Client base continues to grow and create positive cash flow
- Patents have huge valuation. Sell and create huge war chest.
- In house R&D does not work so why not buy new ideas?
- Maybe go private and become mysterious without idiotic press scrutiny.
George Gutowski writes from a caveat emptor perspective. Follow his twitter feed @financialskepti