Hush my children volatility has gone away. It was so unwelcome and made investors so unhappy. You know everyone likes to be long and happy. Blue skies as far as we can see. Never mind about any of the following issues.
- Tapering off of QE and rising interest rates negatively impacting personal and corporate circumstances.
- Rising price of Oil which sucks money out of the economy faster than a tax.
- Fragile recovery with uncertain employment growth.
- Certain knowledge that stocks cannot continue to go up forever.
- Huge federal deficit distorting real economic conditions.
- Fewer and fewer CEO’s ready to guide earnings upwards.
- Lack of personal savings jeopardizing many a seniors retirement.
- China bubble may blow because of China Debt bubble.
- Europe is not stable financially. But you all knew that.
- Obama-care delays creating uncertain financial burdens on individuals and small businesses.
- Chaotic middle east. Potential allies difficult to assess.
That’s before you drill down and listen to a particular story about any one of thousands of stocks.
Hush my children. Volatility has gone away. If you hear maniacal laughter pay no heed. They’re only disturbed and must no be paid attention to.
George Gutowski writes from a caveat emptor perspective. Todays best advise is to keep your powder dry and value liquidity. Investing is a long-term process.